After a busy summer in the journey to universal prohibition of corporal punishment, the Global Initiative’s quarterly newsletter provides a round-up of news and developments from around the world. In this latest edition, we report on:
- Full prohibition of corporal punishment in Nepal!
- Prohibition in the penal system in Guyana
- New commitment to prohibit in all settings from United Arab Emirates
- Steps towards prohibition in Mexico, Philippines, Kosovo, South Africa and Scotland
- New resources to support advocacy
- Updates from the UN human rights system, including new recommendations on corporal punishment
- And much more!